I can't believe this round of 26 Things is already over! At times I didn't think I'd ever finish, but I'm so glad I stuck with it and ended up with lots of fun, new photos that I never would have taken otherwise.
First, I want to thank Sarah and Ashley for playing with me! It's so much more fun having other players in this game. It personally makes me try harder and stick with it, plus I get the added bonus of seeing all of their awesome images! Thanks, girls! :)
Like Sarah, I totally thought that some of the photos ended up having dual categories. I don't know why that is, really, but it was strange! I actually starting finding it a little frustrating, but oh well. :)
Overall, I'm very happy with the images I got - both posted and some that didn't get posted. I took some shots that I never would have taken before, and ended up with some really great pictures! Mainly, I'm happy with my macro work. My goal for this challenge/game was to get that 105mm macro lens out and start learning how to use it a little better. I would say that over 50% of my shots were taken with that lens. The other 50% were split with my 50mm fixed lens and my 24-120mm zoom lens. I also used my polarizing filter on some of the shots, which I very rarely use as well. And, I used my tripod a lot as well - which is almost a must with the macro lens considering its weight.
I sure hope we can play again soon! This second round proves for me that it's always lots of fun! :)
We added a "wild card" category this time around, but I decided not to use it. Instead, I'll leave you with a few outtakes (click to see a larger image):
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I love the dandelion photo! I love dandelions - I know they're weeds and all, but they're such a happy yellow and then so delicate when they seed. Great shot!
Post a Comment